Costochondritis is the disease in which pain and
inflammation occur in the cartilage of the rib.
- In general, it often occurs on 3rd-4th rib and it begins before the age of 40.
- Main symptom of costochondritis is the pain of chest walls.
In particular, when it is pressed, sharp pain is made. When a patient moves,
it tends to be worse.
- It occurs to both men and women. In most cases, if it is stabilized, it will be
improved. It is different from angina pectoris derived from the heart.
- Costochondritis is easily cured.
- Apply the ice pack on the painful area.
- If the pain gets severe, avoid the sudden movement.
- Avoid trauma such as bruising to the chest.
- If the pain is severe, you can take anti-inflammatory analgesic drug. If it is extremely severe,
topical steroid injection can be performed.